My daughter and granddaughter shared a yummy and darling Funfetti Valentine cupcake recipe with me.
This recipe is super simple using a few extra ingredients to make the cupcakes so yummy!
My 2 1/2 year old granddaughter was in heaven! Feeling like such a big girl helping her mom bake cupcakes.
The ingredients for Funfetti cupcakes
1 box vanilla pudding
1 C sour cream
1/2 C oil
1/2 C water
Mix the ingredients in a large bowl
This is such a fun way to involve your kids or grandkids in the kitchen. I taught cooking classes for kids before covid and it was so much fun!
Harper loves helping her mom mix the batter. Starting to teach kids early on helps them develop great cooking skills for later in life.
Place all your cupcake liners in the cupcake pans.
This is fun for little hands to do 🙂
Fill each cupcake liner with batter about 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until done.
Tip- My daughter sprays the top of the cupcakes with some non stick spray like pam before she bakes them.
This will make it easier to get the Funfetti cupcakes out of the pan.
Pink Funfetti frosting recipe for cupcakes
Emily found a “cheater” way to make pink frosting!
1 can of Pink Funfetti frosting,
3 C powdered sugar,
1 tsp Vanilla,
1-2 tsp milk or cream
1/2 to 1 cup butter softened (play with the butter to get the frosting how you want it)
Combine all ingredients into the bowl of a kitchen aid mixer.
Start slow until combined and then beat until light and fluffy.
Encourage your little ones to help but make sure they know not to run the mixer by themselves.
I think Harper loves the frosting haha.
If you don’t like the pink frosting here is a delicious chocolate frosting that is to die for!
Of course you must make time for the kids to lick the beaters.
Frost and decorate the cupcakes.
Emily used red sprinkles and red Swedish fish hearts finish off your Funfetti Cupcakes.
Enjoy your delicious pink Funfetti Valentine cupcakes.
Here are some heart shaped patchwork Valentine heart sugar cookies.
Harper LOVED her cupcakes hehehe
Pin for later
Funfetti Pink Valentine Cupcakes
- cupcake pan
- Cupcake paper liners
- Mixing Bowl
- Kitchen aid mixer
Funfetti cupcake batter
- 1 box Pillsbury Valentine Funfetti Cake mix
- 1 box Jello vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can Funfetti pink frosting
- 1 cup Butter
- 3 cup Powder sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 tsp milk or cream
To make the cupcake batter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Place paper cupcake liners in muffin tin
- In a large mixing bowl add the cake mix, pudding, eggs, sour cream, oil and water. Mix until all is incorporated. Fill paper cupcake liners with batter until 3/4 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until done .
- Mix 1 can of pink Funfetti frosting with 1 cup butter (room temperature) , 3 Cups powdered sugar, Vanilla and 1-2 tsp of milk or cream. Mix until light and fluffy. Frost cupcakes and decorate with Swedish fish hearts and red sprinkles or other decorations of your choice.