“Souper” easy delicious Zucchini Yam and Bean Soup Recipe
My hubby said this is the best soup I have ever made!
So this Zucchini Yam Soup with beans is a keeper!
In approx. 30 min you can have a pot of homemade zucchini soup your whole family will love!
As with most soups you start by sautéing onions, garlic, yams and garlic until the onions are see-through..
Then I added in my favorite Weber seasonings!
Beer can chicken seasoning and Mediterranean herb, kosher salt and the chopped zucchini. I use Weber sesonings all the time!
I used it here on some boneless chicken thighs, and when I taught my kids cooking class here when we made chicken tacos.
I ask you what is more perfect for an easy dinner? A nice hot bowl of soup with some bread or a salad…YUM! Here is a scrumptious crusty bread recipe with two different flavors!
Does your family like soup?
What kind of soup is your favorite?
Adding in Canned White Beans
Next into the pot I added 1 can of white beans. You could use a different kind of bean but I really liked the white beans in this soup the best.
Another option for this zucchini yam soup is to even add sliced sausages.
I made another yummy soup Acorn squash soup with Aidell’s chicken apple sausage that you might like too!
That soup is more of a creamier type of soup and I used my hand blender to whirrh it up!
Now it’s time to add 1 quart of chicken or vegetable broth. Bring the soup to a boil, then turn down the heat and let it simmer for about 20 min. You can make the soup a little thicker by mashing some of the beans.
I just love making a pot of soup on a cold day don’t you?
I served the soup with an English muffin spread with a little pesto, topped with sliced tomato and Parmesan cheese. Broiled until cheese melted.
If you love this zucchini yam bean soup recipe you will love my Zucchini lemon galette recipe! It is made with an amazing crust!
Shop Cooking Supplies
Zucchini Yam Soup Recipe
- Stock pot
- 1/2 Large Onion Finely chopped
- 1 small Yam Chopped into 1" cubes
- 1-2 stalks Celery Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic Finely Chopped
- 2 Medium Zucchini Chopped into 1" pieces
- 1-2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Can White Beans Drained
- 1 tsp Weber Beer Can Chicken Seasonings
- 1 tsp Weber Mediterranean Seasoning
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley Chopped
- 1 Quart Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- Heat oil in a pan.Saute onion, celery, garlic and yams until onions are transparent for about 3-5 min.Add seasonings, salt and chopped zucchini. Saute for another minute or two.Add in 1 can drained white beans and stir a few times to combine. Add in 1 quart of chicken or vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat to a low medium and simmer for 20 minutes. You can mash a few of the beans if you want a thicker soup.
- This is such a great soup and you can change things up by adding in sliced sausage, a handful of fresh spinach or a can of tomatoes. If you don't like yams or don't have any on hand you can use carrots.
[…] Zucchini Yam Soup sounds […]
[…] If you like zucchini recipes you will also love this zucchini and yam soup! […]
[…] It is really easy to make and in 30 min you can have a delicious pot of soup ready to feed lots of hungry bellies! Zucchini Yam Bean soup. […]