This Acorn Squash Soup with Aidell’s Chicken Apple Sausage is so GOOD!!
Perfect for a cold Fall evening and soooo easy to make!
1 acorn squash
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cans chicken broth
1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme (give or take)
2 Tbsp cream
Salt and Pepper to taste
5 Aidell’s Chicken apple sausages
1. I cut my acorn squash in half and then cut off the dark skin.
2. Cut the acorn into small chunks
3. Cut up 1 onion
4. Heat olive oil in pot and add acorn squash and onion and sautè for about 10 minutes until the squash starts to get soft.
5. Add in 2 cans of chicken broth, Fresh Thyme, Salt and Pepper and let cook until the squash is soft.
6. Use a hand blender and blend until creamy!
7. Slice up chicken sausage and place in a hot frying pan with olive oil and cook until they pieces turn golden crusty.
(I like to use my black Cast Iron skillet..everything cooks up perfectly in this pan)
To serve: Ladle up soup in a bowl and add in some sliced sausages and maybe some large toasted bread croutons
(I made using leftover bread)
Seriously this was so hearty and DEEELISHIOUS!!
[…] you don’t like chili here is an awesome acorn squash with sausage soup that is too die for […]