If you’re looking for a simple yet delightful treat to satisfy your sweet cravings, look no further than these Vanilla meltaway Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting topped with peaches. These cookies are soft, buttery, and infused with the warm aroma of vanilla. Topped with a creamy and slightly tangy cream cheese frosting, they’re the perfect combination of flavors. Let’s dive into the recipe!
For the Cookies:
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
– 3/4 cup sugar
– 1 large egg
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
– 4 oz cream cheese
– 1/2 stick butter
– 1 cup powdered sugar
Directions to make vanilla meltaway cookies:
1. Preheat and Prepare: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set it aside.
2. Mix the Dry Ingredients: In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Set this dry mixture aside for later.
3. Cream the Butter and Sugar: In a stand mixer, beat the room-temperature unsalted butter and sugar until the mixture becomes light and fluffy. This usually takes a few minutes.
4. Add the Wet Ingredients: Add the large egg and vanilla extract to the butter and sugar mixture. Continue mixing until everything is well combined.
5. Incorporate the Dry Ingredients: Gradually add the dry flour mixture to the wet ingredients, about 1/2 cup at a time. Mix until the dough is fully combined and forms a smooth texture.
Shape the cookies
6. Roll the cookie dough into small tablespoon-sized balls, or use a cookie scoop. Place these cookies on the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between each one. Using your thumb gently press in the middle of each cookie.
7. Bake to Perfection: Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 8 minutes. Even though they won’t look browned, trust the timing; they’re perfectly baked. Remove them from the oven and allow them to rest on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then, transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Frost and Decorate: While the cookies are cooling, prepare the cream cheese frosting. In a separate bowl, combine the cream cheese, butter, almond extract and powdered sugar. Beat until the frosting is smooth and creamy. Slice and chop the peaches.
9. Final Touch: Once the cookies are completely cooled, generously frost each one with the creamy cream cheese frosting. For an extra touch of sweetness and freshness, top them with slices of peaches or your choice of fresh fruit.
Frost and top with peaches
These Vanilla Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting are a delightful treat that combines the classic flavors of vanilla with a rich and creamy topping. They make the perfect dessert for any occasion, from family gatherings to special celebrations. So, roll up your sleeves, follow this simple recipe, and indulge in the heavenly taste of homemade vanilla cookies. Enjoy!
P.S. Make sure you pin this recipe so you have it at the ready for the holidays!
More Yummy Karins Kottage Recipes
Vanilla Meltaway Cookie Recipe
Vanilla Meltaway Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 oz Cream cheese
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 cup powered sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 Peach chopped
- DIRECTIONS FOR COOKIE BATTER
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract, mixing until combined. Add flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time, mixing until completely combined.
- Roll 1 tablespoon of dough into small circles or use a cookie scoop. Place on prepared baking sheet. Press your thumb into the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Cookies will not look browned or cooked, but they are! Remove from oven and let cookies rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- DIRECTIONS FOR FROSTING
- Beat cream cheese, butter and almond extract until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar in a medium sized bowl and continue to beat until fluffy and ready to frost.
- Chop peaches into small pieces and top frosted cookies.