This just speaks summer to me- fresh tomato bruschetta that is easy and quick to make!
Fresh Tomato basil bruschetta
The flavors of red ripe tomatoes mixed with fresh basil and mozzarella cheese on a French baguette is just so fresh and delicious!
I love growing my own tomatoes. Last season I grew early girl tomatoes as well as lots of little yellow pear and grape tomatoes. They are so sweet and delicious! Right now it is winter where I live so no fresh tomatoes from the garden. At the grocery store I grab the vine ripe tomatoes. The have a much better fresh flavor.
You can get fresh basil at most grocery stores if you don’t grow any yourself. I like to buy it as plant and keep it growing on my kitchen window sill. Basil likes the sunshine so that is perfect place for it. Then I just snip off whatever I need to make bruschetta, pesto or just to season any of my favorite dishes. One of which is my tomato Ricotta basil tart here oh it is so good!
You can also make these with just the cheese for the kids if they don’t particularly like tomatoes. Serving the bruschetta on a long wooden board makes for a beautiful presentation. Another yummy and easy tomato bruschetta recipe you might like is here.
- 1 loaf French Baguette sliced into 1" slices
- 3 Roma Tomatoes Sliced
- 1 bunch Basil leaves Cut into thin strips
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil brushed onto bread
- 1 clove Garlic rubbed onto bread slices
- Kosher salt sprinkled onto bread slices
- 1/2 pkg Mozzarella Cheese slices onto the bread
- 1-2 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar drizzled over the tomatoes and bread
- 1. Slice the french baguette into 1" slices2. Brush olive oil over the sliced bread, rub sliced garlic over bread and sprinkle with kosher salt.3. Add slices of Mozzeralla cheese on top of the bread slices4. Toast the bread under the broiler for approximately 2 minutes or until it is golden 5. Add sliced tomatoes, fresh basil and drizzle with balsamic vinegar6. Serve warm or at room temperatue
Thank you very much for the invitation :). Best wishes.
PS: How are you? I am from France 🙂
This is the perfect way to serve those fresh-picked garden tomatoes.
Calypso in the Country says
This looks amazing! We love bruschetta in our house. Thanks for sharing!
Jean | Delightful Repast says
Karin, nothing not to like about that! And your presentation is lovely. Can’t wait till my tomatoes are ready. #MakeItPrettyMonday
The flavor and aroma of home grown tomatoes is so scrumptious! I love using my skinny board to serve appetizers like this… it just makes it feel so fancy! Thanks for dropping by and saying hi!!
Sarah's Indiana Tea Garden says
Yumm! One of my all-time favorites. I can’t wait for my tomatoes to be big enough to harvest so I can try your recipe out!!
Oh yes let me know if you love it as much as we do 🙂 Thanks for stopping by!