Super Bowl Food- Crockpot Chicken Potato Corn Chowder
This by far is one of the yummiest crockpot soups/chowders I’ve made! I found this recipe on Two Healthy Kitchens and made a few tweaks of my own.
This is a hearty yummy soup!
Adding bacon to creamy corn potato chowder
The recipe says to throw everything into the crockpot and to use bacon bits but I sautéed 4 slices of bacon and half of the frozen onions to get that yummy bacon onion flavor.
I also used fresh parsley and some fresh thyme. Using fresh herbs brings out a brightness to any dish. I love using fresh herbs when I cook just about anything.
There is no cream or cheese in this soup and yet it is so creamy and rich! I did make an amazing creamed vegetable soup the other day they everyone raved about here.
Other Super Bowl Food Ideas
You will love these Chocolate dipped strawberry football cupcakes
How about a football shaped veggie platter, football field guacamole with sour cream side lines.
Crock-Pot Creamy Chicken Corn Chowder Yield: About 10½ cups
- Crock pot
- frying pan
- 3 cups 1% milk
- 1 16- ounce bag frozen corn
- 1 pound frozen chicken breast You could use fresh
- 2 cups frozen chopped onions but you could use fresh
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes sometimes labeled as country style
- 2 cans creamed corn
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 slices of bacon sautéed with half of the frozen onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped
- shredded cheese to top if desired
- Combine all ingredients except chicken breasts and bacon and half of frozen onions in your slow cooker, stirring to mix thoroughly and to break up any clumps of frozen vegetables.
- Add frozen chicken breasts to mixture, pushing them to the bottom of the slow cooker.
In a frying pan
- Saute 4 slices of bacon and half of frozen onions until the onions are translucent. Add to the crockpot and stir.
Cook on low (6-8 hours), or on high (5 hours).
- Just before serving, remove chicken breasts and use two forks to shred chicken. Or, Remove chicken from slow cooker onto a plate or cutting board and cut it into small cubes, and then return chicken to soup in slow cooker.
Serve soup sprinkled with your favorite cheese or parsley, if desired.
- Can be served in bread bowls.
Rosemary Palmer says
Yes to bacon, it just makes everything better. I love a good crock pot soup recipe.
This sounds so good…Hubby is thinking about making it this weekend, but he does not like creamed corn (yeah, I know). He will maybe add another cream soup…thoughts? Also wondering about freezing leftovers?
Thanks a bunch,
Karins Kottage says
I haven’t tried any other creamy soup with it and there is never any leftovers to freeze. I think it might get mushy if you freeze it. Maybe try zucchini in it?
Let me know how it turns out.
What a creamy-licious delight! My mom would love this at breakfast.
Looks delicious! Sound like a simple and easy recipe! I will have to try it out!
I never thought about eating this for breakfast! What a cool idea! Thanks for stopping by!
It really is so yummy! Let me know if you try it!