Super Bowl Food- Crockpot Chicken Potato Corn Chowder
This by far is one of the yummiest crockpot soups/chowders I’ve made! I found this recipe on Two Healthy Kitchens and made a few tweaks of my own.
This is a hearty yummy soup!
Adding bacon to creamy corn potato chowder
The recipe says to throw everything into the crockpot and to use bacon bits but I sautéed 4 slices of bacon and half of the frozen onions to get that yummy bacon onion flavor.
I also used fresh parsley and some fresh thyme. Using fresh herbs brings out a brightness to any dish. I love using fresh herbs when I cook just about anything.
There is no cream or cheese in this soup and yet it is so creamy and rich! I did make an amazing creamed vegetable soup the other day they everyone raved about here.
Other Super Bowl Food Ideas
You will love these Chocolate dipped strawberry football cupcakes
Crock-Pot Creamy Chicken Corn Chowder Yield: About 10½ cups
- Crock pot
- frying pan
- 3 cups 1% milk
- 1 16- ounce bag frozen corn
- 1 pound frozen chicken breast You could use fresh
- 2 cups frozen chopped onions but you could use fresh
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes sometimes labeled as country style
- 2 cans creamed corn
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 slices of bacon sautéed with half of the frozen onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped
- shredded cheese to top if desired
- Combine all ingredients except chicken breasts and bacon and half of frozen onions in your slow cooker, stirring to mix thoroughly and to break up any clumps of frozen vegetables.
- Add frozen chicken breasts to mixture, pushing them to the bottom of the slow cooker.
In a frying pan
- Saute 4 slices of bacon and half of frozen onions until the onions are translucent. Add to the crockpot and stir.
Cook on low (6-8 hours), or on high (5 hours).
- Just before serving, remove chicken breasts and use two forks to shred chicken. Or, Remove chicken from slow cooker onto a plate or cutting board and cut it into small cubes, and then return chicken to soup in slow cooker.
Serve soup sprinkled with your favorite cheese or parsley, if desired.
- Can be served in bread bowls.