I was in hurry last night and wanted to make a quick dessert using up some strawberries so I came up with an easy strawberry tart! Super easy and ready in about 15 minutes. Perfect for a summer dessert and everyone loved it.
Ingredients for easy strawberry tart
The ingredients are things you probably have in your pantry right now. Plus strawberries are in season and are super sweet right now.
- Graham crackers
- Brown sugar
- 1 small box of banana cream pudding
- 1 /12 cups whole milk
- 1/2 c cream
- Fresh strawberries
- Chocolate bar
Favorite graham cracker crust
In my food processor I placed one package of graham crackers I think there are 10-12 crackers in one package. Not to be confused with a box of graham crackers.
Next I added in 6 Tbsp butter and 2 Tbsp brown sugar. Pulse until graham crackers are crumbly and butter is completely mixed in. The crust ingredients will stick together when pinched.
In a removable fluted tart pan like this one, press the graham cracker crust in to the tart pan. Make sure to press up into the scalloped edges of the tart pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes until it becomes slightly browned. Let cool for about 10 minutes or until not hot to the touch.
Strawberry tart filling
The filling is jello instant banana cream pudding mix plus milk and a little cream. You could also use vanilla or white chocolate instant pudding too.
In a small bowl mix together the pudding mix 1 1/2 cups milk and 1/2 cup cream. Mix until completely incorporated. The cream adds a rich flavor to the pudding. No cooking involved!
Let the pudding set in the fridge while the crust cools.
Spread the banana cream pudding evenly into your cooled tart shell. Feel free to taste some as you go 😉
Create your easy strawberry tart
The first time I made this tart all I did was cut off the greens of lots of strawberries and placed them cut side down on top of the pudding and voila it is done!
Does it get any easier than that?
Another way to create your strawberry tart
The second time I made this strawberry tart I added shredded pieces of chocolate. To do this you simply take a chocolate bar and use a vegetable peeler to get lots of chocolate peels to put all over the pudding in the tart.
I did not have enough strawberries to use them whole so I sliced the berries in half and added raspberries and blueberries.
It looks like I really worked hard at creating this but it was so simple!
Easy strawberry tart
- 1 Cuisinart
- 1 9" removable bottom tart pan
- 1 package packages of graham crackers 10-12 crackers (Package not box) You can add a few more crackers if your tart pan is large
- 6 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Whole milk
- 1/2 Cups cream
- 1 Box Banana Cream pudding 4 serving size
- 1 Bar Chocolate
- 1 package Whole Strawberries
- 1 package Raspberries
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
Graham Cracker Crust
- Add package of graham crackers to Cuisinart bowl
- Add 6 Tbsp butter and 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Pulse until all mixed together and when pinched it holds together
- Press graham cracker crust into tart pan evenly and make sure to press it into all scalloped edges.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes until golden brownLet cool completely
Easy strawberry tart filling
- In a small bowl mix banana cream pudding mixture with 1 1/2 cups whole milk and 1/2 cup cream. Mix until dry pudding mixture all incorporated. Let set in fridge while tart crust cools.
Create the strawberry tart
- Spread the pudding into the cooled tart
- Optional- add chocolate shavings, using a vegetable peeler shred the chocolate bar over the pudding in the tart
- Place either whole berries without green tops on top of pudding or slice the strawberries in half and place on pudding in a pretty pattern.
- Add raspberries and blueberries as desired