Easy steps for No Sew Dining Room Chair Makeover
1. Measure your chair from the seat (add some for tuck in) and up and over to see how much you will need.
2. Purchase some coordinating fabric that you like (I got this from Joann’s) then drape over the chair to see how much you will need per chair. The fabric is doubled here…see next photo.
3. Cutting! I cut the fabric right in half. Y
ou won’t need much because you will be gathering it up in the middle and it will look fuller.
4. I folded over each side so that no raw edges were showing.
5. Tuck in the bottom so that it won’t come undone when someone sits in the chair.
6. For the back I simply pulled it together using some burlap ribbon I found from Hobby Lobby. I did not finish the bottom edge and it looks great!
Here is what it looks like now. I switched out the striped rug to the natural sisal looking one and if you want to see more of the fall tablescape you can see it HERE
Gotta love simple and easy accessories 🙂
Kim Hood says
This is a simple addition that adds so much more! I love this idea – thanks for sharing. 🙂
Kim @ Curtain Queen Creates
Linda Bouffard says
Thanks for coming over and sharing at our party. I wanted to let you know that I featured you tonight … PINNED also. Linda
Linda Bouffard says
This is definitely AWESOME!! I love it. Come share it with US SISTERS – tonight THURSDAY at 10 P.M. our party opens What to do Weekends. This is a PERFECT weekend party, is it not? Take care.. following also. Linda
Hy Karin! I have the same pattern fabric in the same color, only a bigger scale.. You can see my fabric in my pumpkins tutorial on http://shabbycriss.blogspot.ro/2013/10/pumpkin-tutorial.html . Love your chair look. Hugs, Cristina
Laurie Hutchinson says
That is a fabulous idea!! So easy to switch out for the Holidays!
Christine Vandormolen says
wow, what a wonderful idea…..truly creative! Christine from Little Brags
I love this idea! Fast and fabulous!