Today I am showing you how to make Mini Nutella pies on a stick how yummy does that sound?
Who doesn’t love Nutella? Oh and if you love Nutella you will die for this Football cake with Nutella frosting recipe.
Have I told you that my daughter is getting married in July!!! We are so excited for her and love her fiancé!
UPDATE- Since my daughter got married on July 3, we held the reception in a really cool barn. We had a hot dog bar and a dessert bar! You can see all the fun photos of the Navy and peach wedding reception here.
How to make Nutella pies on a stick
I decided to try my hand at making these cute little mini pies on a stick to serve at the wedding!
I used Ina Garten’s perfect Pie crust recipe (see below) and a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out the shapes.
Adding the Nutella and the stick
Next I added a rounded teaspoon of Nutella on each heart shape.
Lay the candy stick halfway onto the heart.. (If you don’t place it high enough the the weight of the heart will fall off).
Place another heart on top and pinch all around the edges to seal closed.
I used 1 egg and brushed the egg over the the crust and baked at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
They turned out so beautiful and they are so delicious!! They are perfect for a wedding reception or Valentine’s day!
Here is the crust recipe
- 12 tablespoons 1 1/2 sticks very cold unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup very cold vegetable shortening
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 c about 1/2 cup ice water you may not need all of it.
- 1 bottle Nutella
- Candy sticks
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
Pie Crust Directions
- Directions Dice the butter and return it to the refrigerator while you prepare the flour mixture. Place the flour, salt, and sugar in the bowl of food processor fitted with a steel blade and pulse a few times to mix. Add the butter and shortening. Pulse 8 to 12 times, until the butter is the size of peas. With the machine running, pour the ice water down the feed tube and pulse the machine until the dough begins to form a ball.
- Dump out on a floured board and roll into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cut the dough in half.
- Roll out one half of the pie dough to about 1/4" in depth. Use 2-3" heart shaped cookie cutters to cut out hearts.
- For regular pie- Roll each piece on a well-floured board into a circle, rolling from the center to the edge, turning and flouring the dough to make sure it doesn't stick to the board.
- Place heaping teaspoon on one side of the heart shaped piece of pie dough, Place candy stick halfway up from bottom of the heart. Cover with another heart shape dough. Pinch dough together.Brush with an egg wash (one egg mixed with a tablespoon of water) Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden.