Football Season is upon us!! How cute are these! My daughter Emily created these chocolate dipped strawberry football cupcakes!
Making the football cupcakes
A yellow cake mix with some secret ingredients and an orange cream cheese frosting is the what makes these outstanding! Your football lover will be amazed at the scrumptiousness of these babies!
Watching the Super Bowl together
Who knew you could turn a strawberry into a darling football you would want to eat!!
We are always excited for Super Bowl every year.
We love to gather as a family to watch the game (commercials) and just hang out and eat all kinds of delicious foot ball snacks! These chocolate dipped strawberry cupcakes are a must have every year!
Dipping the strawberries to look like footballs
The footballs are chocolate dipped strawberries with white frosting laces. It is so easy to make these nuggets!
Microwaving the Ghirardelli chocolate melts slowly ensured you won’t burn the chocolate.
Adding the white laces is easy using a tube of Wiltons’s white icing.
Who wouldn’t love these at their next tailgate party? Scrumptiousness!
Check out my other post on Football food! You will find football works of art that are easy to do!!
Shop This post
Chocolate dipped strawberry football cupcakes
- cupcake pan
- Cupcake liners
- Microwave safe glass bowl
- Cookie Sheet
- 1 box Pillsbury yellow cake Mix
- 1 Cup Sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable oil
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 small pkg Jello instant vanilla or white chocolate pudding mix
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- 1 container Strawberries look for medium sized berries
- 1 pkg Ghirardelli chocolate melts Milk or dark (can use chocolate chips)
- 1 Tube Wiltons White icing
Orange Cream cheese Frosting
- 8 oz Cream cheese softened
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 3-4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 zest of orange
Make the Cupcake Batter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place football cupcake liners in the cupcake pansIn the bowl of a Kitchen aid mixer add in the cake mix, pudding, eggs, oil, sour cream and water. Mix on medium speed until all combined.
Bake the cupcakes
- Fill the cupcake liners about 3/4 full with batter. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 15-20 min or until done. Let cool
- Rinse berries and dry them. Make sure they are not wet or the chocolate will not adhere and seize on you. While cupcakes are baking, add chocolate to microwave safe glass bowl. Begin melting chocolate at 50% power for 2 min, stir and repeat until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Holding the strawberry by the stem dip strawberries into the melted chocolate and twist slightly to cover most of the berry. Let excess drip off and place on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Let the chocolate set. Once set use the tube of white icing to create football laces.
Cream cheese orange frosting
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla and zested orange until fluffy. Gradually beat in enough confectioners' sugar to your desired consistency. Frost each cupcakeAdd the chocolate dipped strawberry football to the top. Sprinkle with green sprinkles if desired.