1. Cut zucchini in half and scoop out seeds and pulp..reserve flesh in another bowl.
2. In a small skillet brown ground turkey (I added in a little turkey sausage for extra flavor)
3. In another skillet sauté onions, garlic, mushrooms, zucchini flesh, fresh parsley, salt, pepper and other seasonings to taste.
4. Add in left over shredded cooked sweet potato and cook until heated through. Add in cooked ground turkey/ sausage mixture.
5. Fill the zucchini with meat and vegetable mixture. Top with shredded parmesean cheese. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 min.
Serve with a spinach salad…everyone loved it!!
- 5 medium zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 Cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 Cup cooked shredded sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings (I use Costco seasoning)
- 1/4 – 1/2 C shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut zucchini in half, lengthwise. Scoop and save pulp, leaving 1/4 inch thick shells.
- Heat oil in pan. Add onion, garlic, zucchini pulp and mushrooms. Cook until onions are soft. Add in the shredded cooked sweet potatoes. Remove from heat and add fine bread crumbs, and Italian seasoning.
- Spoon vegetable mixture into zucchini shells. Place in 13×9 inch baking dish, lightly coated in cooking spray. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered for 30 minutes.