Sweets, Treats, and Nutella Feats
Holiday Greetings, wonderful readers of Karin’s Kottage! Today, I am beyond excited to share the enchanting details of a recent Sugar Plum Fairy Brunch Extravaganza that transformed my dining room into a festive wonderland. Imagine a scene filled with pink, white, and gold hues, setting the stage for a delightful gathering with friends and family.
Decking the Halls: DIY Magic on a Budget
To bring the magic to life, I kicked off the transformation with a palette of pinks, whites, and golds. Adding bursts of color inexpensively, I hung plastic ornaments in clusters, tied together with ribbon.
The effect was truly magical, especially when suspended over the table and sideboard, casting a whimsical glow.
Continuing the enchantment, I draped dollar store gold tinsel garlands across the ceiling and crafted DIY snowflakes from white lunch sacks.
These snowflakes are the easiest things to make and make a huge impact. Simply layer 9 white lunch sacks on top of each and hot glue them together. Then cut out shapes on the sides of the lunch sacks. Open them all up and see your design. Hot glue the opening shut or use paper clips to hold the together. To hang them I tied a string to one of the openings and used a thumb tack to attach to the ceiling.
Quick, easy, and charming – these snowflakes added a touch of winter magic to the room. For more inspiration on decorating chandeliers with ornaments, check out my previous post here.
Tablescaping Brilliance: Green Garland and Christmas Charm
On the table, a bed of green garland served as the canvas for more pink and white ornaments, creating a festive tableau.
On my sideboard glass jars filled with cookies, candy canes, and seasonal decorations added an extra dash of sweetness. My pink puffy wreath that I made looks so cute leaning against the wall.
Setting the Sugar Plum Fairy Brunch Scene:
Gold Chargers, Pink Plates, and Reindeer Rings For the place settings, I chose gold chargers paired with white dinner plates. Atop each dinner plate, a delightful mix of pink or black and white salad plates, adorned with charming glittered reindeer napkin rings. It was a visual feast that perfectly complemented the festive atmosphere.
Brunch Bliss: Recipes to Savor
Now, let’s delve into the scrumptious spread that graced our Sugar Plum Fairy brunch!
- Ham and Spinach Quiche with Homemade Crust
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese (your choice)
- 1 homemade pie crust
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk or half and half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Layer ham, spinach, and cheese in the pie crust.
- Pour the egg mixture over the layers.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the center is set.
- Fruit Wreath with Sweet Orange Honey Glaze
- 1 apple
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- Cutie oranges
- Green grapes
- 1/4 cup honey
- Juice from one Cutie orange
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- Arrange apple slices, raspberries, Cutie oranges, and grapes in a wreath shape.
- In a small bowl, mix honey, Cutie orange juice, and poppy seeds.
- Drizzle the glaze over the fruit.
- Nutella Christmas Tree with Puff Pastry
- Frozen Pepperidge Farm puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- Sprinkles of powdered sugar
- 1 egg and water for egg wash
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll out one sheet of puff pastry and cut into a large triangle.
- Spread Nutella over the triangle.
- Roll out the second sheet of dough and place it over the Nutella triangle.
- Score 2 lines down the middle to form a tree trunk, then cut branches on the sides.
- Twist the branches away and bake for 12-15 minutes.
Laughter, Stories, and Sweet Connections As we gathered around the table, laughter filled the air, and stories flowed like the sweet honey glaze on our fruit wreath. The Sugar Plum Fairy brunch wasn’t just a meal; it was a heartwarming moment to cherish – a sweet memory made in the company of loved ones.
I hope this post not only adds a sprinkle of Sugar Plum Fairy magic to your day but also inspires your own festive gatherings! Until next time, stay fabulous, my friends. ✨
Shop Christmas Items
These are affiliate links and I make a small commission if you purchase anything at no extra cost to you. This helps me keep my blog up and running and I really really appreciate it so much. ]