Winter has its own magical charm, and what better way to embrace it than with a snowy romantic picnic dinner for two in the snow? Picture this – A plaid waterproof backed blanket spread out on the glistening snow, surrounded by cozy blankets, hot cups of minestrone soup and herb grilled cheese sandwiches, creating the perfect setting for an intimate evening.Jump to Recipe
How to set the mood
I opted for a portable wooden wine table, not for wine (we don’t drink alcohol), but for a bottle of Martinelli’s and two elegant wine goblets. My cute mom purchased this for us a couple of years ago but this brand no longer exists. I did find one that looks exactly like this and you can have it engraved! Link is below.
If you’re looking for a unique gift, check out the engraved portable wine holder here – ideal for weddings or any special occasion.
Let’s talk about the star of the picnic dinner for two
Simplicity meets deliciousness with Amy’s minestrone soup. Not having to make the soup from scratch was so easy and fast!
This canned soup is packed with flavor and an abundance of vegetables, it’s a delightful choice for a winter evening.
Serve it in charming, colorful bowls placed inside wooden bowls, available in my shop for just $10.00 each.
Grilled Cheese Herb Sandwiches
Sprouted wheat bread
Triple cheddar shredded cheese (or your favorite combination)
I whipped up some grilled cheese sandwiches. Using my herb butter, the recipe is here, I generously spread it on both sides of the bread. Then I sprinkled a little bit of Italian herbs over the top of the herb butter for more flavor.
Filled it with shredded cheese, and grilled them to perfection in my trusty black cast iron frying pan.
To add a touch of gourmet flair, I wrapped the sandwiches in brown paper and tied them with twine – a feast for both the eyes and the taste buds.
These grilled cheese sandwiches are so yummy with the addition of herbs!
Heart shaped wooden bowl
Another fun touch to add to this romantic snowy dinner for two is this white heart shaped wooden bowl! You can purchase it from my shop for only $10 each!
It looks so cute filled with grapes. Then you can use it anywhere in the house to hold jewelry or other trinkets. We also offer it made up as a candle. So make sure you pop over the shop.
For the final touch
I brought out my mom’s exquisite antique iridescent wine glasses to serve our Martinelli’s. The result? A visual treat captured by our talented daughters as my hubby and I enjoyed a romantic dinner amidst the snow-covered landscape.
In the midst of life’s craziness, it’s often the simplest things that bring the most joy.
So why not create your own winter wonderland of romance with a snowy picnic dinner? After all, love is best celebrated in the warmth of each other’s company, even in the chill of winter.
Shop picnic items here
Herb Grilled cheese sandwich recipe
Herb grilled cheese sandwich
- 1 cast iron frying pan
Grilled Herb Cheese Sandwich
- 4 slices sprouted wheat bread
- 2 tbsp herb butter (recipe below)
- 1 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1/2 Cup 4 cheddar shredded cheese (or your favorite combo)
- 1 stick Butter (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup mixed fresh herbs chopped finely Basil, Rosemary, Thyme, Sage
- 1 pinch salt
Make Herb Butter
- Place 1 stick of room temp butter into a small bowl
- Finely chop fresh herbs (Basil, Rosemary, Thyme and Sage) to make about 1/4 cup of chopped herbs. Or you can use any fresh herbs you like.
- Add chopped herbs to butter and a pinch of salt and mix up well.
- Can refrigerate until ready to use but I like to use it at room temperature. It is great on rolls and vegetables.
Make herb grilled cheese sandwich
- Slather on the herb butter to one side of each sliced piece of bread. Sprinkle on Italian seasoning.
- Place one slice of buttered bread in frying pan buttered side down. Add shredded cheese to unbuttered side and place another butter slice of bread over the top with buttered side up.
- Cook sandwich until golden brown on one side and flip over to cook up the other buttered side.
- Wrap in brown paper tied with twine if desired. Eat and enjoy!